The name Monitor is special to Polk. The original Polk Monitor Series, produced in the mid-1970s, ushered in the modern loudspeaker era by setting the standard for performance and value. The original Monitor Series is the line that made Polk famous with its simple, sturdy construction, clear, accurate sound, powerful bass and superior imaging all at a price that made great sound available to everyone. The reborn Monitor Series is classic Polk: a quality-built, affordable line of high performance loudspeakers for music and home theater. They are highly efficient, so they can be driven easily by unpretentious receivers, and they are voice matched for lifelike surround sound environments. The Monitor Series boasts a stylish look that complements today’s flat screen technology, with wood grain finishes and modern Titanium faces. Built for speed, sound and value, the Monitor Series is a great introduction to high performance sound.
- 1-inch (25mm) fabric/polymer composite Dynamic Balance dome tweeter with powerful neodymium magnet structure delivers clear and detailed high frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- 5 1/4-inch Bi-laminate composite dynamic balance drivers are lightweight and stiff with good damping for high efficiency, excellent bass and lower distortion.
- Multiple small-diameter driver design delivers wide dispersion, better mid-range, and more detailed bass response for an open, “box-less” three-dimensional sound.
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 3/4-inch thick baffles ensures cleaner, clearer, more lifelike sound quality. (Tower models feature additional front to-back and side-to-side internal bracing for further reduced resonance.)
- Crossovers use Mylar bypass capacitors for more detailed high frequencies.